Thursday 9 April 2020

Important Message For Everyone

Hello everyone,

At some time today (possible tomorrow) I will be posting assignments for students in all of my Social Studies Classes.  Before I do I want you to hear a few things from me:

I genuinely hope that everyone is well. Having 2 high school aged children, I realize fully that these are challenging times for teenagers.  This is not the scenario that anyone could have predicted at the beginning of the year.  You should be engaged in “normal” teenage activities.  For many that would mean school, part-time work, perhaps sports or more artistic commitments - and probably lots of regular social interaction with friends and family.  Sadly, all of this has been temporally put on hold.

I want you to know that I realize that many of you may have things going on in your life that take precedence over on-line learning – I get that! The assignments that I will provide are intended to serve as a healthy way to regain a level of normalcy.  I hope that you find the assignments interesting. Do your best, feel free to be creative, take chances and do not stress. As you know your marks will not go down – they can only go up!  I am empathetic to the overall demands placed on students at this time.  I want you highly engaged and I will mark accordingly. At this point I do not intend to do any on-line lessons in real time.  I am waiting to see what level of student engagement I have before I plan details for future units.

A reminder that this website will be the primary platform that I will use to communicate with you.  If you need to get in touch with me please email me at ftorres@sd44.ca.  Please feel free to contact me whenever you wish.  I will be available.  If you haven't been in touch with me yet please take a moment to reach out.  It will be nice to say hi and hear how you are doing.

Looking forward to hearing from you.


Stay tuned for specific course instructions.





No comments:

Post a Comment