Monday 27 April 2020

Happy Monday - Some Information About MS Teams

You may have noticed that I have added you - and everyone else - to Microsoft Teams.  I have been reluctant to use Teams because most students are already familiar with my website.  Also, a valid criticism with online learning has been navigating so many different platforms.  My own kids complain about this on a regular basis!  My thinking has been to keep it simple and to use a platform that my students were already familiar with.  This is still the plan moving forward.

However, I recognize that Teams allows for something important that my website can not do; and that is video conferencing.  Having face to face communication with a teacher is important and I will be implementing Teams technology to assist with one on one video conferencing and larger class discussions.

MS Teams also offers a few attendance and assignment completion features that will help me to track your progress.  Remember, I still have to do report cards...

So to summarize, I will still be using my website as the primary platform - Teams will be utilized when video conferencing is needed.

Organizational skills are key to success.  Ideally, you only need to check my website two (possible three) times each week.
Monday - General information
Tuesday - SS10
Wednesday - Genocide studies
Thursday - History 12
Friday - Active Living

I know theses are challenging times.  I hope this update serves to clarify a few questions you may have.

As always, feel free to contact me whenever you wish.

Take care,

No comments:

Post a Comment